A special night at The Pierhouse this New Year's Eve
Reserve a table and join us for a fantastic New Year celebration at The Pierhouse Hotel. This very special gathering of hotel guests, local residents and Port Appin visitors creates a superb atmosphere - what better way for friends old and new to welcome 2019?
Hogmanay Dinner Highlights:
- Special 5 course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner
- Excellent live Ceilidh band
- Fantastic firework display off the end of the pier (weather permitting)
The evening celebrations will start at 7pm for everyone with a local piper piping guests in to their tables for a glass of Prosecco & Canapes followed byour Special 5 Course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner.
We will be hosting a traditional West Coast ceilidh dance in the bar from about 10pm with a local band playing traditional music until midnight. For those less familiar with Scottish dancing there will be a caller offering advice to help guests through some of the more intricate dances!
'Auld lang syne' will then be sung at midnight followed by the traditional Pierhouse firework display off the end of our pier followed by more ceilidh dancing until 1am.
The delicious Hogmanay menu is £75 per person. Children’s menu is also available at £50/child (8-13 years). Limited number of tables available.
To buy a non-refundable ticket please call Reservations on 01631 730302. Commences promptly at 7pm finishing by 1am.
2018 Hogmanay Menu
- A glass of Prosecco with an 'amuse bouche' at your table
- Crab on toast: Dressed west coast crab on toast with saffron aioli and micro salad
- Loch Fyne smoked salmon, langoustine tail meat and soft cheese roulade,
roasted beetroots and croutons
- Confit duck and prune terrine, potato crisps, grilled figs and balsamic glaze
- Double baked cheese and thyme souffle, apple and winter leave salad (V)
- Blood orange granita (V)
- Roast sirloin of Scotch beef, fondant potatoes, honey roasted carrots
and port and mushroom jus.
- Baked fillet of cod, lobster and potato croquette, braised and
roasted fennel and lemon butter sauce.
- Ricotta and parmesan gnocchi, roasted parsnips and puree, pine nuts (V)
- Dark chocolate glazed cake, passion fruit,
mint jelly and mini meringues
- Warm pear and frangipani tartlet, cinnamon ice cream.
- Highland cheeses:
Connage Clava Brie, Hebridean Blue and mature Mull Cheddar,
chutney, grapes, Pierhouse oatcakes & crackers
- Freshly brewed cafetière of Brodie’s coffee or pot of tea, served with chocolate truffles