A special night at The Pierhouse this New Year's Eve
Reserve a table and join us for a fantastic New Year celebration at The Pierhouse Hotel. This very special gathering of hotel guests, local residents and Port Appin visitors creates a superb atmosphere - what better way for friends old and new to welcome 2019?
Hogmanay Dinner Highlights:
- Complimentary cocktail
- Special 5 course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner including Prosecco and amuse bouche
- Excellent live Ceilidh band
- Fantastic firework display off the end of the pier (weather permitting)
- A Hogmanay midnight warmer - a glass of Mulled Wine
The evening celebrations start with a complimentary cocktail in The Ferry Bar from 6pm onwards. Piper Tom Campbell from Lismore will pipe in diners at 7pm - a glass of Prosecco & Amuse Bouche awaits you at your table followed by our special, candlelit Hogmanay Dinner.
After dinner, the Dunnotter Ceilidh Band will provide the music for a traditional Scottish Ceilidh. There will be a ‘caller’ to take dancers through the dance steps – if you aren’t too familiar with Scottish dancing you’ll soon pick it up, it’s great fun!
Be sure to charge your glasses as, at midnight (the bells), we will see in the New Year with ‘Auld Lang Syne’ followed by our fireworks display off the end of our pier - weather permitting.
Step outside to really take in the wonderful fireworks; we will be serving a Hogmanay midnight warmer – a glass of Mulled Wine. Then take to the floor once more for more ceilidh dancing – the band will play until 1am.
The delicious Hogmanay menu is £75 per person. Limited number of tables available.
To buy a non-refundable ticket please call Reservations on 01631 730302. Pre-dinner drinks are from 6pm onwards; dinner starts promptly at 7pm with the celebrations finishing by 1am.
2018 Hogmanay Menu
- A glass of Prosecco with an 'amuse bouche' at your table
- Crab on toast: Dressed west coast crab on toast with saffron aioli and micro salad
- Loch Fyne smoked salmon, langoustine tail meat and soft cheese roulade,
roasted beetroots and croutons
- Confit duck and prune terrine, potato crisps, grilled figs and balsamic glaze
- Double baked cheese and thyme souffle, apple and winter leave salad (V)
- Blood orange granita (V)
- Roast sirloin of Scotch beef, fondant potatoes, honey roasted carrots
and port and mushroom jus.
- Baked fillet of cod, lobster and potato croquette, braised and
roasted fennel and lemon butter sauce.
- Ricotta and parmesan gnocchi, roasted parsnips and puree, pine nuts (V)
- Dark chocolate glazed cake, passion fruit,
mint jelly and mini meringues
- Warm pear and frangipani tartlet, cinnamon ice cream.
- Highland cheese platter:
Smoked Mull of Kintyre cheddar, Isle of Mull cheddar, Howgate Kintyre blue,
Clerkland crowdie and Aiket brie style cheese served with chutney, grapes,
Pierhouse oatcakes and crackers
- Freshly brewed cafetière of Brodie’s coffee or pot of tea, served with chocolate truffles