A special night at The Pierhouse this New Year's Eve
Reserve a table and join us for a fantastic New Year celebration at The Pierhouse Hotel. This very special gathering of hotel guests, local residents and Port Appin visitors creates a superb atmosphere - what better way for friends old and new to welcome 2018?
Hogmanay Dinner Highlights:
- Special 5 course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner
- Excellent live Ceilidh band
- Fantastic firework display off the end of the pier (weather permitting)
The evening celebrations will start at 7pm for everyone with a local piper piping guests in for a glass of Prosecco & Canapes and our Special 5 Course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner in the Restaurant.
We will be hosting a traditional West Coast ceilidh dance in the bar from about 10pm with a local band playing traditional music until midnight. For those less familiar with Scottish dancing there will be a caller offering advice to help guests through some of the more intricate dances!
'Auld lang syne' will then be sung at midnight followed by the traditional Pierhouse firework display off the end of our pier to conclude the evening's entertainment.
The delicious Hogmanay menu is £75 per person (SAMPLE MENU): download menu here. Children’s menu is also available at £50/child (8-13 years). Limited number of tables available.
To buy a non-refundable ticket please call Reservations on 01631 730302. Commences promptly at 7pm finishing by 1am.
Sample Hogmanay Menu
- A glass of Prosecco with an 'amuse bouche' at your table -
- Lynn of Lorne langoustine velouté with filo crisp top
- Pierhouse smoked venison fillet with grilled figs, whisky dressing & winter leaves
- Loch Fyne cured salmon, dressed west coast white crab meat with brown crab aioli and a pickled fennel & pink lady apple salad
- Organic white quinoa cake with crispy cauliflower, pickled green grapes, mint snow, shaved Mull cheddar and a chive & sour cream dressing (V)
- Crimson spice granita (V)
- Medium rare seared fillet of Scottish beef with wild woodland mushroom gratin, truffled cream potatoes, roasted root vegetables & red wine jus
- Pan fried fillet of halibut with buttered cannellini beans, Jerusalem artichoke puree, crispy pancetta, cranberries and a saffron cream
- Butternut squash, roasted chestnut & winter vegetable tart, sweet cured red & yellow cherry vine tomatoes, beet leaves & crispy sage(V)
- Aromatic spiced plum crumble slice with vanilla & lavender ice cream & mulled wine syrup
- Iced white chocolate parfait with sugar frosted almonds and served with raspberry coulis, raspberry crumbs, meringue and mint leaves
- Selection of Scottish cheeses served with Pierhouse chutney, celery, grapes, biscuits and caraway oatcakes
- Freshly brewed cafetière of Brodie’s coffee or pot of tea, served with chocolate truffles