New Year at The Pierhouse: a fantastic Hogmanay Night of celebrations! Hotel guests, local residents and Port Appin visitors gather to bring in the New Year with our Hogmanay Dinner and Ceilidh. It's a night full of delicious food and drink, a superb atmosphere, good fun and great company. What better way to welcome 2018 than in the company of friends old and new?
We still have some tables available for New Year's Eve so get your friends and family together and get in touch to reserve your table.Call Caroline or Kirsty on 01631 730302 to book your place.
Hogmanay Dinner Highlights:
- Special 5 course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner
- Excellent live Ceilidh band
- Fantastic firework display off the end of the pier (weather permitting)
The evening celebrations start at 7pm for everyone with a local piper piping guests in for a glass of Prosecco & Canapes and our Special 5 Course candlelit Hogmanay Dinner in the Restaurant.
We will be hosting a traditional West Coast ceilidh dance in the bar from about 10pm with a local band playing traditional music until midnight. For those less familiar with Scottish dancing there will be a caller offering advice to help guests through some of the more intricate dances!
'Auld Lang Syne' will then be sung at midnight followed by the traditional Pierhouse firework display off the end of our pier to conclude the evening's entertainment.
The Hogmanay Menu
- A glass of Prosecco with an 'amuse bouche' at your table - Lynn of Lorne langoustine velouté with filo crisp top
- Pierhouse smoked venison fillet with grilled figs, whisky dressing & winter leaves
- Loch Fyne cured salmon, dressed west coast white crab meat with brown crab aioli and a pickled fennel & pink lady apple salad
- Organic white quinoa cake with crispy cauliflower, pickled green grapes, mint snow, shaved Mull cheddar and a chive & sour cream dressing (V)
- Crimson spice granita (V)
- Medium rare seared fillet of Scottish beef with wild woodland mushroom gratin, truffled cream potatoes, roasted root vegetables & red wine jus
- Pan fried fillet of halibut with buttered cannellini beans, Jerusalem artichoke puree, crispy pancetta, cranberries and a saffron cream
- Butternut squash, roasted chestnut & winter vegetable tart, sweet cured red & yellow cherry vine tomatoes, beet leaves & crispy sage(V)
- Aromatic spiced plum crumble slice with vanilla & lavender ice cream & mulled wine syrup
- Iced white chocolate parfait with sugar frosted almonds and served with raspberry coulis, raspberry crumbs, meringue and mint leaves
- Selection of Scottish cheeses served with Pierhouse chutney, celery, grapes, biscuits and caraway oatcakes
- Freshly brewed cafetière of Brodie’s coffee or pot of tea, served with chef’s tablet
Reserve your table now
The delicious 5 course Hogmanay menu is £75 per person. A children’s menu is also available at £50/child (2-12 years). Limited number of tables available. Download a menu from here>
To buy a non-refundable ticket please call Reservations on 01631 730302. Commences promptly at 7pm finishing by 1am.
Click the images above to see larger version