In addition to our popular classics, the new menu is full of the colours of autumn - fiery red chorizo, creamy thermidor sauce, rich, vibrant red of beetroot and bright mango in a dark chocolate dessert. Our new dishes, tried and tested as 'Daily Specials' over the last few weeks, have been really popular with fantastic feedback. With our guests' seal of approval, the new dishes will be appearing on the à la carte menu this autumn!
The new autumn/winter menu with tastes and colours to comfort and brighten up the fast approaching darker days of winter includes:
- To start: Goats cheese, spinach and butternut squash ravioli, served with beetroot purée and carrot & courgette ribbons - a starter with rich flavours, autumn vegetables and homemade pasta - it looks and tastes irresistible.
- Seabass: a Mediterranean twist for seabass with fiery red chorizo and wild garlic to create a flavour explosion.
- Salmon: a 'posh' comfort food dish reminiscent of Victorian opulence with a lobster and scallop Thermidor sauce.
- Dessert: A dark chocolate marquise dessert with mango sorbet, mango cream and baked mango yoghurt - designed to excite the taste buds and give a lovely sharp 'wow factor' to the end of the meal.
There's more information about all our current menu choices on our a la carte menu page here>
To complement the new dishes being introduced in the 2015 Autumn & Winter A La Carte menus we have added a selection of 10 wines, new to our list, which we hope you will enjoy. There's a very special mention for 3 of these wines (2 whites from Italy & Spain and an Italian red) as they are taking the UK by storm in terms of popularity.
Firstly, the Italian La Piuma, made from Pecorino grapes on the Adriatic coast. This a wonderfully dry white without being too sharp and goes extremely well with any white fish.
Secondly, we have a fantastic white Spanish Rioja from the very well renowned CVNE Monopole. A crisp, zesty, dry white that is light-bodied and underpinned by lemony fruit and is perfect with shellfish.
Our third mention goes to the return of an excellent traditional Italian Chianti Classico from Anforio in Tuscany which has made something of a comeback. With a mellow nose and fruity aromas, the palate is mid-bodied with some dry tannins and a decent length. Guaranteed to satisfy almost any palate!
Assembling a wine list is always a lot of fun and Nikki & I can say that this year has been exceptionally good! Come and sample some for yourselves!
The list of 10 new Pierhouse wines from 6 different countries is as follows:
- France - Les Vignerons Grenache Merlot Rose
- France - Muscat Beaunes de Venise (as an aperitif or a dessert wine)
- Germany - Riesling,Feinherb, Mosel, Peter & Peter Zeller
- Italy - Pecorino La Piuma Terre di Chieti
- Italy - Anforio vino Nobile Chianti Classico
- Italy- Anforio vino Nobile Montepulciano
- Spain - CVNE Monopole Rioja Blanco
- Spain - Torres Natureo White sans alcool (for those who are driving)
- New Zealand - Waipara Hills Pinot Gris, New Zealand
- Australia - Yalumba Bush Vine Grenache
Click the images above to see larger version