Sources of information to help you make the most of your visit to Scotland's west coast.
- The Seafood Trail
- Alastair Sawday’s Special Places to Stay: British Hotels
- Oban and Lorn Tourism Association
- Visit Scotland
- Undiscovered Scotland
- Visit the Highlands
- Visit Fort William
- Welcome to Scotland
- Argyll and the Isles Best Places to Visit online guide
Companies who specialise in arranging tours to Argyll and the Islands.
- McKinlay Kidd - specialists in custom made holidays in Scotland
- Secret Scotland - tours and itineraries to Scotland's secret places
- Protour Schottland.de - German guide to Scotland's finest destinations
Places to go
A few suggestions for things to do - visit our Local Attractions section for more ideas.
- Isle of Lismore - visit Lismore by passenger ferry from the pier outside the hotel
- Castle Stalker View Cafe - cafe and gift shop with views of Castle Stalker
- Kinlochlaich Gardens, Appin - extensive garden centre and gardens open to the public
- Druimneil House Gardens, Port Appin - stunning gardens open to the public overlooking Airds Bay
- Port Appin Studio - local artists Alex and Midge Gourlay's studio just behind the hotel (by appointment)
- Appin Community Co-operative Stores - for papers, magazines, Post Office, picnics & snacks
- Appin Boat Tours - wildlife, scenery and history tours by boat from Port Appin
- Coastal Connections - scenic boat tours from Oban plus private charter
- Seafari - wildlife tours in fast boats from Seil to Corryvrechan
- Sea Life Adventures - wildlife watching boat trips from Seil
- Wildshot - Wildlife Photography and Videography on Mull
- Glencoe Clay Shooting - in North Ballachulish on the shores of Loch Leven
- Rockhopper Scotland - mobile guided sea kayak trips
- Sea Kayak Oban - guided sea kayak trips and taster sessions from Oban Bay.
Food producer organisations
Organisations promoting all that is best in fresh local produce
Some useful transport related websites to help you reach Port Appin.
- Caledonian MacBrayne 'Calmac' Ferry Services for the Western Isles
- The Train Line National Rail Enquiries
- Scot Rail - Scottish Train Information
- Hertz National Car Hire
- Avis National Car Hire
- Oban Car Hire
- Citylink coach services
Self-catering accommodation in the area.